In-Home Estate Sales
Hiddenworth Group specializes in estate liquidation services for individuals, real estate agents, banks, attorneys, executors/executrixes of estates, university development offices and seniors who are downsizing to retirement communities or assisted living facilities.
- An entire liquidation of a personal estate or business can be professionally conducted by Hiddenworth Group's highly trained staff.
- Fully insured and bonded, our sales staff will set up, display, and price your items so that you, the client, will receive the fairest return possible on your items.
- Every sale is aggressively advertised and marketed locally, regionally, and in some instances, nationwide.
- We have extensive contacts at major auction houses (Sotheby's, Douglas, Dargate, Christies, etc.) to ensure that items which are considered gallery or museum quality will reach their highest sales potential.
Estate Sales 101
Our estate sales are in-home sales that sell your property during a one or two day sales event.
- Estate sales are the best way to maximize the sale price for most personal property found in a home.
- Estate sales are the most direct and profitable way to sell personal property to the general public.
- Estate sales are an incredibly efficient way to clear a house of its possessions and make it ready to sell.
- With a gallery type setting in the home, estate sales create an aesthetic that an auction cannot duplicate, and can often result in higher prices for the item.
- We believe at Hiddenworth, that our sales dignify our client's belongings and collections. By staging our client's belongings in the house, we feel this form of liquidation is a more communal and inviting experience than an auction block.
- Logistics and outdoor space requirements of a property may not be conducive for an auction. An estate sale may be the only viable option.
- We do everything needed to research antiques & collectibles.
- We set up, photograph, research, and professionally staff our sales.
- Our estate sales are heavily promoted through our website, social media, web blog, and classified newspapers advertisements.
- Our estate sales are conducted with respect and confidentiality.
- Our sales are secured and managed by our experienced and capable Hiddenworth staff.
- Our network of loyal buyers reliably attend our sales.
- Our service is professional and dependable.
- Our policy is to include an estate sales log with your final statement, so you can see what items sold for, and how much.
There are instances where our clients have a handful of items, such as cars, furniture, collectibles, that they would like to sell, but do not have enough for a stand-alone estate sale or there are restrictions based off of where they live. We will often combine several estates, depending on the nature of the items and the type of sale that we are conducting. In certain circumstances, we can move the entire contents of the estate to an off-site location. We work with the client to determine the best course of action with regard to the estate.
- Fill out our intake form or contact us directly about your items.
- Determine the best method of selling your items. Our knowledge & experience help guide the decision making process between ourselves and the client.
- Determine our commission based on the quality of the items, the time involved, and the sale venue.
- Final Payment. The client will receive a check within 10 days of sale closing.
We provide written appraisals for insurance purposes, probate, equitable distribution, or general determinations about items. All appraisals will be carefully documented and researched. Documentation is current with fair market value. Appraisals can be for one item or an entire estate. Hiddenworth offers a free consultation to those who may be interested in our services. The consultation is oral, therefore, no in-depth research is granted for the free consultation.
WE PROVIDE WRITTEN APPRAISALS FOR:
- Fine art
- Folk art
- 20th Century Decorative Arts
- Much more
We now offer On-lin auction services that will take item sales to the next level. We are excited to offer a new way of experiencing both the intimacy of an estate sale and the excitement of live bidding from the comfort of your own home. We combine white-glove customer service with leading-edge technology. We handle everything — organizing items; photography; writing descriptions; creating listings; payments; shipping — so that you can breathe easy, knowing that your sale is in the hands of Northwest PA’s Premier Estate Service Company. Request a free consultation now or start shopping!
- Fully-licensed by the State of PA, Hiddenworth is bringing the future of estate liquidating to the Erie area to help our client’s maximize the value of their estate.
- Live EbayTM like auctions with Buy it now, Watchlists, secure online payments and much more!